Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grotto of the Redemption


www.westbendgrotto.com

I'm not the most religious guy around, but yesterday we had the chance to pay our second visit to the Grotto of the Redemption in West Bend, Iowa. I have posted about 60 photos.

Words and photos do not do this magnificent structure justice. If you ever get the chance to come experience it, I highly encourage you to do so.










This is a photo of my Grandfather, John James Miles, standing in front of the fountain on the east side of Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church in November of 1962.
















This is the same view, on March 21, 2009. It is very reassuring to note how well this has been preserved, and a very spiritual feeling to follow in my Grandpa's footsteps. Next time I go I will stand where he did in the picture.


Since MySpace gives me unlimited photo room, I posted my pictures there. (Due to extreme lighting conditions, it was necessary to process all of these through Photo Shop.) Click on MySpace, then Photos.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment