Monday, September 14, 2009

Jim Carroll 1949-2009


"It's when the body at the bottom,
That body is my own reflection
But it ain't hip to sink that low
Unless you're gonna make a resurrection
They're always gonna come to your door
They're gonna say, "It's just a routine inspection"
But what you get when you open your door
What you get is just another injection
And there's always gonna be one more
With just a little bit less until the next one
They wait in shadows and steal the light from your eyes
To them vision's just some costly infection
But listen, you should come with me
I'm the fire, I'm the fire's reflection
I'm just a constant warning
Just a constant warning to take the other direction

Mister, I am your connection."

Copyright Earl McGrath Music/Jim Carroll Music ASCAP (1980)

Thanks for the poetry and the autograph, friend. I'll try to keep your light on.

No comments:

Post a Comment